I think we can all agree that 2020 was a terrible year. I figured why not make a list of just a few things I learned? Now these are in no particular order, some are pre-pandemic life, time being unemployed, or just a few weeks ago.
- Making coldbrew coffee is a fun hobby to do at home
- Reach out to those you talk to strictly on Instagram. Invite them out for coffee, or give them an old fashion phone call. Check in with them
- Not everyone hates me, get better at not assuming that
- Don’t stress over a job that barely pays over minimum wage (or any job for that matter)
- People are watching what you do, its those you least expect who are your biggest fans
- Surround yourself with dreamers and go-getters.
- You don’t know your partner until you’ve gone through a move with them (even if its just down the street)
- Gin and Tonics are actually really good
- Don’t buy a big bag of produce when it’s just the two of you at home, it will almost always end up rotting before it gets used
- Make pizza in the air fryer
- Buy full outfits when you go to Target. It makes you happy.
- Tempeh is very versatile
- Write in notebooks more often
- It says a lot about someone by how they handle a pandemic wedding
- Drink more water
- Make the most use out of your actors access account
- Its difficult to make homemade ravioli when your kitchen is the size of a shoebox
- Speak up
- You need alone time, savor it when you get it.
- It is okay to have boundaries, even with family
As always if you want to talk, feel free to reach out. PC: LeonaLane Photo