As many of you know, I consider myself to be a feminist (yay for girl power). This past October, the #Metoo movement came about when the allegations of sexual abuse against Harvey Weinstien was released to the public. Within a matter of days, I had individuals asking me as a model, what my thoughts were on this issue. I responded by saying that I am not surprised because even in the tiny city of Wichita Kansas, I have personally had a handful of negative experiences from photographers in the area, and the deeper I grow into the industry, the more I learn about the darkness within it. From a personal standpoint, it feels as if the more well known the photographer is, the more they tend to get away with misconduct. As a women who was once a victim, I feel that I have a personal responsiblity to the public to bring light to this issue that is so prevalent in this city but few know about unless they are in the photography/modeling/stylist community.
This is where the W.O.W. project comes in.
W.O.W. stands for Weinstiens of Wichita. I desire for the issue of sexual harassment, abuse, and assault between photographers and models to be an issue that is known to the general public. I am now accepting submissions for Wichita area models to guest blog about their personal experiences when it comes to this subject.
Submissions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hello beautiful, I know that you are hurting. You just found out the boy that you have had a crush on for years has a girlfriend and that girlfriend isn’t you. Nothing that I can tell you can help with the pain that you are experiencing. I understand that it hurts to see him with someone else. I have a few things that I want to remind you that may encourage you.
- Take time to mourn. Time will help you heal it’s also perfectly alright to cry, and eat an entire pizza
- I want you to be reminded that this boy not being your significant other has NOTHING to do with inherent value. You are precious because of who your Father is
“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.” – Psalms 139:13
- Singleness is not a curse and may only be a season
“There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under the heavens” – Ecclesiastes 3:1
- Most boys are drama, appreciate life with as little drama
- Fully living life consists less of romantic relationships but living in a way of no regrets
- He is not worth the time to be stressing over when you have a greater purpose
- Take this time and develop deep relationships with others
- Take your worries to the thorn
“Cast your anxieties to the Lord because He cares for you” – 1 Peter 5:7
- Study what perfect love is
“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” – 1 Corinthians 13:4-8
I promise you that things will get eventually get better ❤
Instagram: @lama12215leah @lamaleahblog
Twitter: @lamaleahblog Photo taken by Derek Hildebrandt