Valentine’s day a few days away. I am writing to those who do not have a special someone to share this day with.
To some being single on Valentine’s day makes them sad. To others it is empowering. I am the latter one, but I understand the feeling of being alone too. If you are feeling sad, here are a few ideas on how to spend February 14th:
- I highly suggest that you distract yourself. Do a project — either a project that you need to do around the house or something creative such as trying a new recipe or a Pinterest DIY.
- Take the day to “unplug.” Turn your phone off! It is easy to go into a single girl pity party when you see how your Facebook friends are being spoiled by their significant others.
- If you are in the Valentine’s day mood, make heart inspired crafts for your friends. Use the washi tape and make it fun!
- Write love notes to strangers and leave them in public spaces. Show complete strangers that they are loved and valued; it may just make their day.
- Spend time on yourself. Go to starbucks! Spend time in nature, go on a walk, make an appointment at a spa.
- Spend time in the word of G-d.
- Throw a “Galentine’s” day party (a Valentine’s day party for just you and your girlfriends).
- If you can, go on a road trip.
- Buy yourself chocolate and eat it in one setting while watching Legally Blonde 1, Legally Blonde 2, and Mean Girls.
- Make coffee, buy some pop-tarts and watch Gilmore girls.
- Have a Karaoke night with yourself.
- Go to Target because Target makes everyone happy.
- Go thrifting. Hit every thrift store within a twenty mile radius.
- Offer to “babysit” your friend’s dogs for the night.
- Give yourself a makeover and just stay in. Put on those high heels that you feel great in but can hardly walk in!
- Read a book that you have been wanting to read (avoid anything written by John Green or books that are “gushy”).
- Dance party!
- Try making Kombucha – that’s different!
- Go to the gym and play basketball.
- Have flowers delivered to yourself.
- Try doing the Pinterest hairstyle that you have been wanting to try but looks difficult.
- Paint! Fill up several canvas in one setting.
Please remember you are loved! You may not be given flowers but you have a heavenly Father who loves you enough to give you eternal life! Your value has not changed, nor will it change based on your relationship status. You are important and an asset to the world, remember that! Valentine’s day is really just another day and the real holiday is February 15th, 16th, and 17th when Valentine’s day chocolate is 20%, 30%, and 50% off on clearance at Target. 🙂